Sunday 17 August 2008

Well what can I say???

The holidaymakers have had another busy day today visiting and partying. After a morning with Granny and Grandpa we have also seen Gretta and Rene. The children were of course excited about seeing Rene as she always comes up trumps with a lovely bag of sweets!!!! Peter was most disappointed about the baby ponies. Not only was he not allowed to ride them, he could not understand why every time he ran over to give them a cuddle they ran off. After many tears he gave up. Granny and I tried desperately to explain that it was better to walk or stand still but for those of you who know him well, this was a very dificult concept to grasp. Needless to say, he was very upset that he did not get to cuddle them!!!
Irene and Ewan, aka mother in law and father in law, mummy and daddy, came up trumps again with a smashing party this afternoon. Thank you very much to them!! Everyone was fed and watered well and had great fun. My only problem, or problems, were my brothers in law, one of whom put a tomato in my knickers and then smacked my bum and the other one who threw creme de mure down my trousers!!! What a waste!!! Rob also created the entertainment by making a faux pas!!! I must learn Greek one day!!
Andy, my nephew, gave the younger generations several hours of fun. Not only was he a fireman for them to look up to, he was a fellow playmate and someone who liked being beaten up. Well, I think he did anyway!!! Thanks Andy, you are great.
Thank you to everyone who came, it was lovely to see all of our friends and family. Those who didnt make it missed the fun!!
I should also mention that my brave baby girl was stung by a wasp yesterday on her eye. She was very good but her poor eye is very swollen now. She says, "It doesnt hurt mummy, it just doesnt look right".
Take care all and see you all soon.
xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brave girl Kirsty, I hope your eye is looking right very soon.

Love Julie xxxx

Anonymous said...

I've finally featured on the blog!!! Schweet!

Dunno' 'bout liking being beaten up...
It was nice seeing y'all though.
I like those family get-togethers...

xx