Tuesday 12 August 2008

Wanted, Drinking Partner.

Well, the first 24 hours of life on my own are up and I am clearly lacking something. A drinking buddy to be precise. Things are so bad that I have not touched a drop since Sunday night. Quite a mean feat if you know how I drink.
Anyhow, beyond the day to day chores we had a pipe burst underground yesterday which left me covered in wet mud after digging a 4 foot deep hole down to locate the problem. I haven't fixed it yet as I was waiting for hole to dry up a bit. Unfortunately with last nights storms, it may not get fixed today either.
The wind and rain pounded the house all night and the scaffolding was banging against the guttering outside. It was nearly as noisey as Janes snoring but I managed to get off to sleep anyway.
I have no camera whilst Jane is away so you will have to cope with my archived images.
Applications for the drinking buddy position to be made in person, here in France, prior to Janes return. All drinkers welcome, plasterers and roofers especially so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike could be your Drinking Buddy, may also manage to help with the roof(Has experience of spanish roof)But not your plastering however he can mange to get plastered does that help?????
See you soon K & M