Tuesday 12 August 2008

We made it to England

Poor Andrew has been left with the burst water pipe and the rain, while we return to the polluted, noisy depths of Slough. One trip to Slough this morning has cured me of any wish to return to England!!!! After dodging people who wanted my money for various charities and avoiding the holes in the ground where allegedly they are putting in nice new pavements, I finally managed to get to the post office!! Typical, I cant pay my car tax until after the fifteenth!!! For goodness sake, when is the ferry back home?????
We had a good journey on the ferry yesterday. I think I did pretty well on the driving part as it was my first time solo with the kids to get on the ferry. I even managed to find my way back to Datchet on the right side of the road, or was it the left??? The children became magicians on the journey as well. Josh and Adam are now plate whirlers extroadinaire!!!
Take care everyone and call me if you want to see us.
xxx

No comments: