Thursday 18 December 2008

When the cat's away

I arrived home safely last night and slipped right back in to my old routine. Glass of wine in hand and barrels of laughs. Anyhow, cleared out the car when I got home of the endless presents that the kids haven't yet discovered. We noticed on the way in that the rubbish hadn't be put out so I squeezed that in as my first proper job on my return.
This morning I did the school run and then attempted to purchase a wormer for the horse. She's looking very thin and it's getting quite concerning. May need a vet if we can't sort it out.
Came home as the pharmacy was closed and I thought it would be a great laugh to cut Peters hair. Mission successful in my opinion, comments gratefully recieved. Went to the vets in the afternoon in attempt 2 to get a wormer. Think I did alright telling them who I was, where I lived and that my 3 year old horse weighed over 500Kg.
We started work on Tony's exhaust after returning from the vets. Well actually the Range Rovers exhaust, hopefully you know what I mean. Anyway, the new one is fitted and well secured with bailing string. Will do the proper fix in the morning when the bailing string will be replaced with the far more substantial Gaffer Tape.
We think the Owl is still living in the loft but don't want to disturb it too much as if we can fatten it up we may have a meal for Christmas when we do the Huge Fearnly Whittingstals bird in a bird recipe.
Chrissy has finnaly found true love. She wants to live with the pigs. Not Tony and I, but our loveley Vitnamese Policemen living next to the barn.
Last day of school tomorrow for the tiddly peeps and Saturday is tree day. Please wait patiently for the piccies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the hair cut makes you realise how similar to Josh he is

Unknown said...

Leave his hair alone!

Anonymous said...

good job on the hair cut.

Hope Surprise is okay and the exhaust on the Range Rover gets fixed properly.

Glad the Owl is still there although if that is the plan I hope it doesn't stay!!

Glad you got home safely with all the presents.

Julie xxx