Thursday 9 June 2011

Change is as good as a rest

After what seems like an eternity of hard work, I have literally turned my hand to something a little more theraputic (not sure of the spelling). Our friend Jules kindly bought a whole trailer full of woodworking equipment to France, along with a table that he started making the legs for 3 years ago. As the benefactor to his extremely generous contribution to Chateau Larcombes ongoing renovations, I thought it would only be right to finish off his project for him and display it in all it's splendour somewhere on the estate. If it comes out well, then this will be somewhere prominant either in the house or gite. If the wheels come off and it all goes pear shaped then it may become my new workbench. watch this space.

The veggie plot is still progressing well and, with the frosts now behind us, the liklihood off some good crops was looking good. That was until the onset of an evil underground predator whose sole purpose in life is to make my life a misery. Mr Mole has progressed around all of my raised beds in turn, destroying the sweetcorn, onions, pak choi, bay tree etc. etc. etc. I have now declared war on the little buggers and tomorrows mission is to go and buy some traps. Not the humane variety either.

No comments: