Thursday 23 June 2011

Another job jobbed

There's something decidedly satisfying about crossing jobs off the list. This one more so than some because it was started 3 years ago. Not by me I hasten to add however I do have jobs that have been kicking around longer than that.

The job that has been jobbed is the table project that I started a few weeks ago. Today after spending a couple of hours fixing my broken angle grinder, I adjusted the top grate to fit properley then sanded the whole thing down before giving it an all over coat of bees wax. All I need to do now is find it a home amongst the sprawling rooms of Chateau Larcombe.

This week has seen great success on the veggie plot too as I managed to trap my first mole. I think there are still a couple more as there is still movement under the mange tout, box hedges and onions. The traps are all set and waiting so I shall keep my fingers crossed.

The slates have arrived so I can fix the roof at the back of the house. There are a few major timbers to replace before I can get in to the nitty gritty of it all but there relatively easy compared to the ones I have to sort at the front. I just have to go really carefully as too much movement could dislodge the precariously balanced front edge.

No comments: