Thursday 2 December 2010

Well pluck a duck!!!

Suddenly realised that we hadn't updated the blog in a while so I thought I'd better get stuck in before Grandand complains. Well a bit like the UK, we've had a sprinkling of snow over here but life goes on as usual. Having said that, I have spent the last couple of days predominantly inside doing a few little jobs and brushing the dust off the squeeze box. With the consumption of the quail and 2 of the ducks, there is a lot less effort involved on the farm front now. Although the morning rounds of ice breaking and bucketing water out for the horse and donkey are starting to ware me down. I'm counting down the days to boxing day now when our next guests arrive and, by new years eve, we should have a house full. Still no news on the job front for Jane. The not knowing is getting most depressing but I am hoping and praying for good news this side of Christmas.I've spent a couple of days working in the gite kitchen and the cupboards are almost finished now. All we need is a cooker and a fridge and the gite will be finished, then I can move into the utility room to finish the next job on the list.

No comments: