Saturday 18 December 2010

Nearly Christmas

Well, just as in the UK, we have loads of snow too. It is still snowing and apparently is going to be like this for a few more days. Thankfully I had the foresight to go shopping yesterday afternoon, instead of my normal Saturday dash!! I am so pleased that my brain was functioning well, as today it is impossible to go anywhere!! The children had their 'marche de noel' last night. They all sang well, a complete contrast to when they started a few years ago. Peter smiled and sang lots, whilst trying to give his friend Juliette something from his pocket. As they were in the front row everyone could see!!! I am still not sure what he was trying to give to her but she was a very sensible young lady and managed to ignore him!!! Kirsty could be heard over everyone else, no surprise there of course, and Josh was just singing because he had to!! The smiles were definitely not coming from his quarter!!! The drive home was distinctly hairy as whilst in the salle de fetes we had at least an inch of snow. I do admit to crying when we got home!!! Thank goodness we are all safe and sound now!! Josh and Kirsty are now trying to build an igloo. They have given up with the sledging as the snow is too soft!!! Peter, the sensible one, is sat in front of the fire contemplating what else he needs to ask Pere Noel for!!! Take good care everyone and stay safe. Hope to see lots of you soon!! xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh it looks much like England! I'll do my 'bah humbug' number - much as I think it looks very pretty, I would much prefer that it looked very pretty in Switzerland or Aspen or anywhere but here. Kids, you've done a fantastic job, I like to hear about you singing. To anyone reading this may I wish you Joyeux Noel! Much love from Mum. xxxxx