Friday 27 March 2009

After much anticipation, another baby.

After waiting just over 2 weeks, another baby goat arrived this morning. This time it was a boy and he's up on his feet already.
Work is pushing on both in the house and the gite. We trialled the plasterers yesterday by letting them plaster the ceiling in the cinema. It only took them a day to do the lot, 3 coats. As the ceiling is 6m x 12m this is a pretty impressive feat. Unfortunately with the plastering came mess and it took me an hour and a half this morning to wire brush and polish the stairs back to how they were.
The next job is to revive the cinema floor so that I can put all the beds and furniture back in. In the gite, soil pipes have been installed to one end, most of the studwork is done on the main structure. Just the walls of the 2 ensuites and shower room to stud out now.
I'm hoping with the arrival of my mother in law and Tom today, this should free up my time to get the first fix electrics and first fix plumbing complete this week along with all the plasterboarding. Fingers crossed as the plasterers will be back on 6th April to drive on with some more works.
Anyhow, time to get cleaning!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam kenal dari indonesia

Anonymous said...

Another cutie!
Wish I was out there to help, I can't do electric or plumbing but I can make Tea and tidy up!

Julie said...

Another lovely addition to the farm.
Sounds like you are very busy as always.
Keep up the good work and before you know it it will all be ready to go.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Strange thing. When Alisteir had goats two new kids (and they were boys as well) were born on my birthday!