Sunday 30 December 2012

Here comes 2013

And so another eventful year draws to a close hopefully culminating in a splendid party tomorrow night. So far winter has failed to touch upon the Norman countryside and, instead of the gentle crunch under foot, there is a continual squelch of wet mud.

It's always nice to make resolutions for the coming year, lay down plans, touch on dreams and attempt to self motivate yourself into a better place. So here we go.

Last time we travelled about was in 2007. The kids don't really remember much about it but, as I look back to my own childhood,I have fond memories of Cornwall, Spain, Tunisia, Greece and Denmark. With this in mind from 2013 onwards, we are going to visit a different country every year with the kids. We're already looking into the trip for 2013 when we shall be driving to Switzerland to visit some virgin expats as they start their great adventure.

You may believe that during the days when I'm kicking around the house on my own I actually work quite hard. This is totally not the case and I have become an expert on "Homes under the hammer" and shed loads of true movies. 2013 will see a stop to this lethargy and an attempt, every day, to achieve something constructive and beneficial.

It is not unusual for those quite close to me to comment on my drinking habits.I am in full agreement that half a case of beer and two bottles of wine is a slightly excessive daily consumption. We have a New Years party to attend on 4th January after which I shall attempt to take some time out, only drinking when we go out or have guests.

Wishing all my friends and family a happy and prosperous New Year.

Love me XXX

No comments: