Tuesday 20 September 2011

Indoor picnic and pizza progress

Sunday saw the annual village picnic take place at the "salle de fetes". Depressingly a morning of never ending rain resulted in a very poor turnout and the picnic had to take place indoors. It was a great event though and somehow we managed to sit next to the Mayor and his wife. The bonus of sitting next them was that when I had finished my bottle of wine, I then helped them finish theirs which was a far nicer tipple than mine. The kids all had a great time as well, running riot and getting wet.

I have been pushing on with pizza oven mark 2. Friday is the key turning point on the project when we lift the oven base into place and I can start work on the brick igloo. This one is slightly bigger than mine so should be a little more challenging. That's not to say mine wasn't challenging though.