Thursday 25 August 2011

A week in the void

Well you'd have thought, being guest free, that I'd have knuckled down and got a few more jobs crossed off the list. This is not actually the case at all as I somehow aimlessly slipped into a void for an entire week. In this incredibly dark place I was both mentally and physically tortured by 3 monsters who were running riot for the duration. To compound the torture I also took 3 days out from my intravenous alcohol drip making me the most delightful person to be around.

Yesterday I finally escaped the darkest depths of the black hole by taking flight on my "tracteur tondeuse" for 5 hours. No mowing trip is ever an enjoyable one though as, once again I broke the mower, twice, and the rain continued to dampen my great escape. Prior to the mowing Peter and I got on and pruned all the trees in the back garden so that I could get around without having to duck every 5 minutes. This was when I realised there was an issue with the chain saw. As well as stalling every thirty seconds, it was billowing great foggy clouds of smoke. All the multiple starts were finally too much for it as the pull chord came off in my hand. DOH DOH DOH

This mornings job was to carry out chainsaw repairs and see if I could identify the cause of the problem . Billowing smoke would suggest too much oil in the mix so I went to the fuel can to see what the two-stroke was like. As I glanced into the can it looked decidedly pink and far more viscous than I would have expected. Further investigation revealed an empty tub of two stroke oil adjacent to the petrol can and that pretty much answered everything ""PETER"".

We are once again blessed with typical Norman summer weather. All I can say is that I am so glad I finished the roof when I did as we must have had 4 inches of rain over the last week. The news to brighten any dull day though is that the kids are finally back to school in just over a weeks time. Jane has sorted all of their books ready for the new school year and Josh, although a little nervous, is really looking forward to starting college.

You may be wondering about the picture, well I haven't taken any in a while so found this tasty looking feller from a couple of months back.

No comments: