Monday 15 August 2011

Another job complete

After an awful lot of rain stopping play on numerous occasions over the last couple of months. Today I Finally managed to complete phase 1 of the roof project. My knees, ankles and fingers are suffering from the steep angle and the sharp tiles and clips. We've had Adam Harry and Hollie here for the last week so I set them to work cutting and moving tiles for me, making the last stage of the job run very smoothly.

We've been continuing with the gradual wind down from the softball weekend. Last night we were down to 12 of us here and tonight we will get down to 9. It seems a lifetime since there were just 5 of us here, but come Thursday we'll be alone again. Thankfully not for too long as we have Steve, Laura, Maddi and Eleanor arriving at the end of the month.

I have to decide which job to start next. Thankfully Jeremy crossed one job off the list for me by re-puttying a whole load of the windows. Louise and I crossed another job off by digging 9 trailer loads of saw dust out of the log shed. Kirsty and Hollie mucked out the horse and donkeys stable and Adam and Harry have dug up all the compost heaps. Over the last 3 weeks I've neglected the veg patch some what, but Jane waded in to the jungle yesterday and managed to locate some of the crops amongst the 4 foot high weeds.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The roof looks great, well done!