Wednesday 8 September 2010

Returning to normality

After all the excitement of a fantastic weekend, as always, we had to return to normality. I call it normality for us however onlookers may consider our life style anything but normal. As the guests slowly departed, so the smile disappeared from my face. Then I would think of shadow rape, ping pong, or lesbian wrestling and once again I'd be smiling from ear to ear. With the kids back at school, I've been back working on Maryline and Davids roof. I feel now that the end is in sight with only 15000 tiles to go. I've also pushed on with the green house, slowly populating it ready for the winter. Today, no expense spared, I went out and bought an olive tree as the main central feature. Although I was toying with the idea of buying a 200 euro monster, I settled for something far smaller and bordering on affordable for a poor french farmer. We also picked up another 18 strawberry plants in the hope that they will thrive in the warm humid environment we have created. Last weekend Jane went out and bought Christmas dinner. We were a tad late getting them this year but I'm reasonably confident we can fatten them up in time. It's only 10 sleeps until we come back to the UK for Sabrinas wedding, a flying visit to say the least. We will be without the kids though as mother-in-law is coming here to look after them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good days shopping.

I just chuckle to myself when I think of the weekend at your place.

Miss you guys.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a good days shopping.

I just chuckle to myself when I think of the weekend at your place.

Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Great oaks from little acorns so they say. I suppose its the same with olives.

I hope your mother is behaving herself Jane. I was going to ring her but when I tidied up prior to redecorating I lost the piece of paper with your number and special France number on it. I just must remember NOT to tidy up in future!