Saturday 10 July 2010

If you plant them, they will grow.

Back at the beginning of the year, we started work on our latest greener living project. The vegetable plot. Although we have had a few disasters on route, all in all it has been a very successful venture. The potatoes have just flowered and we will soon be digging up the first few plants to see just how well they have performed. No one told me just how quick radishes grow so I planted the whole packet. We did manage to eat half of the crop and the goats and other animals enjoyed the other half. Stupidly I have since planted a whole packet of black radishes, only grown in Northern France, which it looks like we will be eating forever. The beans, on their second attempt, are now as tall as me and flowering well. Although we lost half the crop of sweetcorn, the other half seems to be doing well. Also growing we have cucumbers, melons, pumpkin, spagetti squash and lots lots more. It will mean that if you join us for dinner soon, there will now be more than just pork on the menu.

2 comments:

lilyplum said...

Good job for me then if I were to come over soon. I love veggies!

Unknown said...

Not the sweetcorn!!! What am I going to eat now? Congrats on the veggie patch. Looks like a success and long may it continue.

Gordy