Friday 19 February 2010

Sharpening Giant Pencils

We are having some very obscure weather at the moment with temperatures fluctuating between +10 and -10 degrees. Today we have had both blizzards and glorious sunshine. Having the kids off school has been no fun at all and I will be starting my "no more holidays" campaign imminently. I decided due to the unpredictability of the weather outside that I would spend the day making fence posts from some of the trees I have been felling in the back garden. 70 finished, all I need to do now is put them in the ground. The guest bedroom has been empty for some time, so I took the opportunity to plaster the walls and ceiling, fit the shower properly and tile around the sink and mirror. I've also been plastering in the hall way outside the guest bedroom so it's been all systems go for the last week or so. Tomorrow I'm off to collect the materials to do the ceiling in the gite kitchen, then we're on the home stretch in the gite. The neighbours horses continue to roam freely in our garden, eating all the plants, leaving their mess and crater size hoof prints as they go. Monsieur LeBaron has allegedly bought the bits to sort his fence but, a bit like my dads pills, the fence will only work if he actually puts it up. I've been busy in the kitchen again, this time cooking samosas. Some days I impress myself and this was one of those days.

2 comments:

Captain Cowboy said...

I suppose you don't want to hear that it is 25degC and clear blue skies here ;-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been a busy boy.

I take it the samosas came out well?

Gordy