Wednesday 27 January 2010

To break or not to break that is the question.

For a brief moment, I lost my 4 wheel drive. On saturday Jane and I went and picked up 2 more cider barrells, similar in size to the one in our front garden. Whilst loading the first one, I slipped on a granite step, thought little of it and carried on moving them. Later in the evening, when I undid my boot, the pain started. Getting worse and worse as the evening progressed, to the point where I couldn't move it at all and had given in to the fact that I was off to hospital. 3 x-rays later and after a lot of manipulation and I had been diagnosed with a probable fracture of the metatarsal. I was referred to the big hospital in Caen for a scan. By scan time on Monday I was in very little pain. The scan results came back all clear and nothing wrong at all. Concensus of opinion is that I probably dislocated something and, whilst it was being manipulated, it went back in again.
Anyhow, I've had a couple of days r&r and have been taking things very easy since. I also have the support of my mum who jumped on the first ferry when she found out I may need some loving.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice pics and good job.

Good ole Irene coming to the aid of her baby boy.

Hope all is well now. What are you going to use the barrells for? You now have 3 and I suggest putting the kids in them and then hiding them somewhere on your property for guest to go and find.

Take care and hope to see you soon.

Jamie said...

That fence looks bloody brilliant mate.

Benta said...

They are looking for volunteers to do willow coppicing at Arthur Jacobs nature reserve on Saturday - you coming back to help? You could maybe take the off cuts ready for some more fab fencing at home!!

Benta

grandad said...

Tasty looking kids