Thursday 7 January 2010

Rest In Peace, Mr Pig

It is with great regret that I must announce the passing on of Mr Pig, AKA Patrick. He passed on in his sleep last night leaving the field gate bare this morning when I went to feed him.

From his arrival with us just over a year ago, he has been an integral part of our life here. Kicking off with his great escape on day one when I tackled a most wild and unfriendly boar on the muddy track. During his time here he has had the pleasures of four girl friends and numerous piglets. He developed into an affectionate animal, always happy to have his shoulder scratched. He must also rank number one in the photo stakes as everyone loved to have a picture of him.

1 comment:

lilyplum said...

I am so sorry, I loved ugly Pig and will miss him very much. As you say he was very affectionate in the end and it was a pleasure to sit in his field, feed him and give his ears a scratch. he will be missed.
(PS Mike says are you eating him?)