Wednesday 19 November 2008

Another week has gone by

There has been nothing earth shattering happening this week to report so I apologise for the lack of blog!! The pig sty has just a bolt to be added to the back door and I do believe it will be finished. Our two latest volunteers finished the back wall this morning!!!
Josh and Kirsty are well into their Christmas preparations at school. They are making Christmas decorations and "other things" for the Christmas market on the 12 December. I realised this morning, to my annoyance, that work is going to get in the way of me participating this year. It does mean though that the live in nanny will have to take them, hmm, wonder how that will go down???
I worked out on Monday why so many people work in the black over here. All I needed was a social security number so that I could pay taxes. I visited the CPAM who said that they could not help and that I had to go to the MSA. I drove across Vire to the MSA who said that they could not help unless they had a number from the CPAM. I then went back to the CPAM who said, "Oh, have you not got a number??" Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!! They then decided that they needed an E106 from Newcastle. Thats great, we have been trying to get one of them for the last year. After over two hours I returned home with no number. I thought I should call Newcastle and see whether it was likely to be issued this year!!! They said they were dealing with them this week and it would be dealt with in the next two or three days!! We will wait and see!!!
Andrew has been shopping again this week on leboncoin. This time he found a new 'buffet'. It is only a small piece of furniture, 2.2m long, 1.1m high and 0.55m wide, and all for the bargain price of 120 euros!! We managed to call the man, get the address, finally find his house, fit the buffet into the car and get home in time for dinner!!
I am sure there will be more to report in the next few days. It might include some photos of Josh de-bagging visitors but I am not sure!! xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jane

I'm I understanding this right from your blog that you have got a job and a live in nanny (how posh!). If so, where are you working and what are you doing?

Can't wait to catch up!

With all of my love to you and the family Nicola XXX

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job Jane.

xxx