Sunday 24 March 2013

Madness I tell you, madness

Once again I have been bitten by the creativity bug. Having found this most amazing video on you tube of a team of guys building an enormous trailer mounted barbecue, I thought I've gotta have a piece of that. So the madness begins.

The vision in my head started to develop rapidly and then, by a complete stroke of luck, I found the main body of the beast on Leboncoin and it was just down the road. Fifty euros later and a slightly precarious trailer journey home, my vision started to become a reality with a 2000 litre old water tank. A few days later, and after placing an add on AngloInfo for a donor caravan or trailer, I became the proud owner of a slightly battered looking twin axled trailer. Unfortunately as I stripped back the woodwork, the trailer underneath was bordering on the point of being unsalvageable but after a nights sleep I am far more optimistic of it's potential.


If we're lucky, I may have the beast complete and ready to roll in time for our annual house party which is from 24th to the 27th of May this year. As always it will be open house all weekend and we shall be cooking up a storm whilst downing a few drinks. Would be really nice to see some people here but as always there is no obligation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aaah! A man of vision. I'll let your father talk to you. Perhaps you need to give him the USA address so that he can look at it.

Love

Mum

xxx