Monday 18 February 2013

Bo##ocks

Well it's been a while since I've had a vehicular accident and todays one was spectacular. This is a first for me on a number of accounts and will no doubt result in numerous drinking fines next time we play "I have never".

Steve and I had a very productive morning dumpering away, clearing up piles of mess here there and everywhere. After a quick spot of lunch I loaded the dumper with some rotten grass and proceeded off down the old drive to dump it over the edge in to the big hollow. The dumper was stationary and on level ground when I tipped the bucket to empty it. The forward inertia was just enough to get the front wheels over the edge and by that point there was no going back. I managed to launch myself forward and sideways to get off the beast but due to the direction the wheels were pointing the next thing I felt was the wheel over my back and shoulder as the dumper progressed down the embankment landing the wrong way up between some trees. Amazingly the engine was still running even though the beast was upside down. I scrambled down the hill and turned the engine off before returning to the house for a beer and to organise the rescue mission.

Steve and I worked out a plan involving the felling of a few trees so that we could roll it back on its wheels before towing it out with the Range Rover.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops. Hope it lives to see another day and that you aren't too battered and bruised.

Julie

Anonymous said...

PRIVATE AND PERSONAL MESSAGE TO NUMBER THREE

And yet again you survive.....which is both remarkable and fortunate!

Sorry but I have now lost count of just how many 'incidents' to date.
Should I make a note......maybe better not to?

Dad

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oops! Best not to think about have that could have turned out! Glad it turned out ok!