Saturday 19 January 2013

Fresh crisp snow

Don't you just love it? No sarcasm here, I think it's great. The gentle crunch beneath your feet as you walk around in it. The secrets that it gives away about who or what has crossed your path since it fell. The clean and bright look that covers the wet muddy mess underneath and all the half finished jobs that, for a short time, disappear out of sight and out of mind until the thaw.

This morning I put the snow chains on the car for the first time, thank you mum, and went with Jane to the point where the road was clear of ice before removing them and walking home again. Amongst this mornings foot prints were deer, fox, cat, cow, rabbit and lots of little bird prints. You could clearly pick up on the various routes each of these animals followed regularly apart from the birds who appear to be short of a few marbles.

There are only a few negatives to this cold. Firstly we're burning more wood than we would otherwise. Secondly, the kids don't get to school and finally my ongoing projects outside have to be put on hold.

With the recent collapse of Chateau Antoinne, I am now hoping to swing the balance in favour of an in-ground swimming pool. I realise it will require regular maintenance but I do believe that if we had it we'd all make great use of it and it would probably help to give us a healthier life style. It would be great for parties too with girls in bikinis and cocktails in floating chairs, but I couldn't possibly add that to my sales pitch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was impressed by how lyrical you were being and then got to the last paragraph where you turned into your father!!! Love you.

Mum


xxxxxx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Not just your dad, probably any man!