Tuesday 20 November 2012

Crossing some jobs off

You must excuse my excitement over a few menial tasks, but it's so rare for me to finish anything that I just had to share it. We recently took delivery of 10 cubic meters of firewood and, even with the change in weather, I have been slowly chipping away at chopping it up. In past years, I have always stacked it away in the log shed and then cut it as I needed it. This year I decided to cut the lot before stacking it saving me many hours in the depths of winter chopping wood outside. The log shed is now looking far more respectable and all set for the coming months.

After much pressure from wifey and mother-in-law, I pulled my finger out today and got on and put a curtain pole and curtain up in Joshes room. Hopefully this will now help to keep the frost out and reduce his risk of hypothermia during the winter.

My next task, and prior to mother-in-laws departure, is to get this years christmas card sorted so that we can save a fortune on postage by sending them all back with her.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew!!! What a job. Perhaps you could put each completed task on the blog and we can all be impressed with the speed you're completing your list! Dad was very impressed - or was that envious? Much love - Mum xxxx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Wow, that's a lot of wood! Well done

Anonymous said...

There's still room for more in that shed!she said.