Saturday 3 November 2012

6 Days and counting

It's probably no surprise to hear that we've had a house full of people for the last week. Having finished his first season as a dive instructor, my brother has come to visit from Greece. In order to celebrate his arrival, my mum, sister, grandma, mother-in-law and niece all came over from the UK to party with us. As normal, much alcohol was consumed and a great time was had by all even with the shedding of a fair few emotional tears.

The continuing wet weather has hampered progress on the roundhouse roof as the remaining turfs that need to be cut presently resemble a soggy carpet. I have however finished the sign over the door and installed Janes birthday present, a 12 sided table that will be essential for the numerous parties that we hope to host.

Yesterday my brother and I harvested this years grapes. The quality has not been as good as previous years and less than half were properly ripe but I feel confident that we will get a semi reasonable rose wine for next year. What is great is that quantity wise it has been the biggest harvest leaving us with 20 litres fermenting in the barrel.

It looks like I may have now sourced the oak timbers for building the porch on the front of the house. I hope this will help to keep the cold out a bit and will also provide us with somewhere to have a door mat and keep the wellies.

I am praying for some good weather for Friday as the plan is to cook a paella for the grand opening party. As for the menu for Janes birthday, I am still undecided however working with my brother I think it may turn into a dim sum night.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is Eric?

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I realised the roundhouse was a good size, but with the table in place can see that it's a *really* good size! Brilliant idea for the table