Saturday 25 February 2012

It seems I may have lost my marbles

I've spent the last few months trying to come up with an affordable project to keep me occupied this year. Initial thoughts to build a Finland style Koti-Grilli barbecue hut turned out to be way to expensive. The natural swimming lake was all systems go until I found out that the rubber liner for the pond was going to cost 16K. The hot tub, spurred on by Lady Lucys promise to get her bikini out, was a front runner for quite some time. The infinity swimming pool also remains way up in my thoughts but way out of my budget.

As a bloke who doesn't sleep much I spend many an hour trawling the internet seeking knowledge and inspiration and, although not fully backed by her indoors yet, I think I have found it. My plan is to build an iron age roundhouse the majority of materials for which are already growing on site.

As a child, with my brother, we were always building bases with felled trees and greenery that we found in and around the compost heap and bonfire. My plan now is to take this to a whole new level. Details of the project will appear on my new blog, www.frenchroundhouse.blogspot.com and the hope is that many volunteers will come and help turn my dream into a reality.

3 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Ahhhhh, can't comment on the roundhouse blog from my iPad :-(. Sound like a great project, and it seems rather "you"! Have fun

Janine@thegoodlifefrance.com said...

Wow - it looks totally fabulous and its making me wonder how hard it is to do - I've just chopped a load of trees down to make way for the chicken pen http://www.thegoodlifefrance.com/the-new-chicken-pen-is-looking-tres-bien/ - what a way to use those logs up - off to your project blog now!

Andy and Jane said...

I think the key to making it easy is by getting plenty of help. Although I've now felled the trees in preparation for this project, just the task of getting them out of our valley is a mammoth job on its own.