Monday 16 January 2012

Feeling fit.....ish

I finally seem to be putting this cold behind me and today I've actually managed to progress to doing some work again. Firstly I replaced the light switch in Peters bedroom that somehow managed to get broken. Then I took down his light fitting and removed the best part of 100 flys and few well fed spiders.

Next on the list was to strip the wall paper in the hall way outside Joshs bedroom in preparation for plastering. I took the decision to have another attempt at using the wonderment that is French plaster, a brave move after last time. Anyhow, the reason I'm here writing the blog is that once again the plaster went off almost before it got to the wall which, although a vast improvement on the last attempt, was still a complete pain in the arse. I reckon where it says 45 minute working time on the bag, it should really say 4 to 5 minute working time.

All plastering works have now been postponed until I can get some far superior english plaster shipped over. On the brighter side of things, I made bagels for lunch yesterday and they were still soft enough today for me to have a couple stuffed with huge slices of pork, whole grain mustard and a bit of salad.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Yummy! and a glimpse of the fab table again!