Sunday 6 November 2011

Post banquet blues

After entertaining so many people here last Saturday, by Monday everything was seeming a little too quiet. Because of this I decided to invite a few people over for dinner on Wednesday night.

With the imminent purchase of one of the closest houses to us, Sylvie and my uncle arrived along with Terry and his friend Howard who were selling the house. I think there were 16 of us for dinner which meant we could squeeze into the kitchen. On the menu this time was a samosa starter, roast chicken and funky carrots finished off with my masterpiece of creme brulee.

It was a really lovely evening and it was the first time we had had Madame et Monsieur Voisin for dinner. As if we weren't making a big enough impression already, the mayor dropped in for a chat during the meal as well. Special thanks to my mum and grandma Mo for their help with the food.

Last night we went to a bonfire party accompanied by our guy AKA Greffigy. Luckily the rain held off and he burnt well. Dave fired up the barbecue and another night of feasting and drinking commenced.

This morning I hijacked Kerry to help me pick up a present from another neighbour. He was in the process of clearing his garage and, having recently seen my banquet hall, told me he had a table top for me. It had come from a past Mayor and was made for his inauguration dinner. Unfortunately it was legless, but no doubt the mayor was as well.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Hope you have had a great bonfire night. Missing you all xxx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Delighted to hear that you are keeping the ferry companies going with all your guests travelling back and forth! (I nearly wrote 'afloat' but decided that was too awful!)