Saturday 16 July 2011

New Neighbours

After nearly 4 years of being empty, signs of life were spotted at the farm behind us yesterday. Josh decided to go and investigate as Jane and I were both out at work. When we got home we wandered up to say hello. It turns out that the family who bought the house live down in the Manche and are not planning to move in for 2 years. During this time they will have a new roof put on the house and the barn and get the farm back into a condition ready for them to start working the land again.

They have 3 dogs which could lead to some problems in the future. 1 white ankle biter thing and 2 gorgeous weimaranas. They also have 2 kids, late teens I rekon. Being as good as I am with names, I can't remember any of them.

The only negative I have found so far to having them is the fact that they have a right of way along our lane which I haven't bothered to maintain for 4 years. It seems now that I will have to prune the trees and bushes back along both sides so they can get there vehicles in and out without scratching them to bits.

I've made a start stripping the tiles off the roof only to uncover 2 wasps nests in the process. In typical Normandy fasion, because I'm working on the roof, the rain has started to fall, maybe for a week.

2 comments:

Lilyplum said...

"Sods Law"toatinet

lilyplum said...

Should say" Sods Law"
Where's delete button when you want it?