Wednesday 13 July 2011

Back on the job

Well, Jane and I had a quick dash back to the UK last Friday. Although possibly our shortest visit since moving to France, it was also our longest visit emotionally.

After a few days of reflection I decided to kick myself and pull my finger out. Yesterday I went with our French friend David to order all the materials to complete the section of roof that I'm working on. All in, not including my labour, the bottom line for the first section looks to be around 2000euros. Based on this, I'd estimate about 12,000 euros more to finish the job. I think we'll spread this over the next 3 or 4 years. I'm hoping to start work properley on the first bit of roof next week and, all systems go, should knock it on the head in 10 days

I've also been working on number 2 pizza oven frame. it's all starting to take shape now and I'm very happy with the progress so far. I still have a couple of roof trusses to do at the back which involve complex angles. I'll have to wait until my brain is in the right frame of mind before attempting these though as I only just have enough wood to complete the job.

The softball weekend at the beginning of August is looking to be our busiest yet. I believe we could have up to 40 people staying here. Thankfully they're not all players otherwise I'd have to consider marking out a second pitch.

We had some extra kids to stay Monday night and to say thankyou, their dad gave us a bucket full of crayfish. Jane was in heaven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friend who gave you the crayfish has now become my number one friend! Any chance they'll be around on my next visit?

As always, Andrew, you're work is great - looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Much love

Mum
xxxxxxxxxxx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Shame we didn't get to meet up, hopefully next time x x x

Jane said...

Benta

I am over from the 23rd for a few days. Would love to have either coffee or a drink!! Let me know via facebook or on here when you are about and what you fancy!!!

Love Jane xx