Friday 11 March 2011

There's more to life than pizza, honest.

Recent readers may have thought that I had been totally consumed by my pizza oven but that is not actually the case. I've tried to get in but the door isn't big enough. With the prospect of rain today I decided it was time to get my first proper French wine into bottles. Brewed from last years grape harvest we amazingly got 13 bottle of rose wine from our sole vine. There would have been another 3 bottles however one of my makeshift demijons must have been contaminated leaving me with a substance less drinkable than vinegar. I've also focused a fair amount of attention on my babies. No, not the kids, my numerous seeds that have now taken over part of the kitchen and a small amount of the green house. Already sprouting we have tomatoes, chillis, peppers, aubergines, coriander, cucumber, spring onions and courgettes. I also planted out plenty of flower pots to brighten the house this summer. Unfortunately they're all flowering in the green house already but the smell is sumptuous and hits you as soon as you open the door. If I'm lucky some will still be in flower next time we have guests here to appreciate them.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I was starting to worry that it was becoming a bit of an obsession, so delighted to see that alcohol still features in your day to day life!!

Benta