Saturday 26 March 2011

The end of the stone work

I've finally got to the end of the stonework, lugging big lumps of stone around has been incredibly hardwork but the finished product looks good. Now to start work on the roof timbers. Whilst our dinner is busy slow cooking in the oven, I have cut and placed the wall plate ready to start mounting the main roof timbers. As with most things I have to have a clear image in my head before I can start and, luckily for me, the whole roof is now clearly logged and ready to go. I think I shall be off to get some timber on Wednesday morning and then I should get the main roof structure done next weekend, subject to a bit of dry weather.

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I hadn't realised it was so big until I was Peter stood next to it - good grief! I hope the pizzas are as yummy as the construction is fab!!!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Until I *saw* Peter! Stupid spell checker!