Tuesday 6 April 2010

Sober enough to write

After yet another really awesome weekend, I am now slowly winding down and sobering up. My fingers have stopped shaking enough for me to type without having to delete every 3rd letter and I am no longer sweating. The bottle count for our meagre weekend of just 11 drinkers was pretty impressive. There were over 300 beer bottles, 47 wine bottles, 3 calvados bottles and just the 1 port bottle. A useless statistic I learnt this weekend was that the average consumption of wine per person in France is 1 bottle a day per person, including babies and the infirm. I think we assisted greatly in maintaining this statistic. The usual adventures of rock climbing, abseiling, archery, softball and off roading, all whilst under the influence ofcourse, went on without any major injuries. During one of many night hikes though, Gary did go for a burton, twice, before falling sideways into a fence. This may be put down to the appalling weather of torrential rain and strong winds but in reality it's more likely the fault of me plying him with half a bottle of calvados before we departed. I did have a close call whilst climbing up the gable end of the house, I peeled from the wall and managed to break the carabina that was on the safety rope. Luckily I was quite near the ground at the time and the greater risk was the carbina shooting past my nose extremely fast. The heating in the gite worked a treat drying all the paint before the arrival of the first guests and taking the chill off the place so they could be comfortable. We did supply Sue with an electric blanket though which could now see the sales of electric blankets in the UK go up by 1. I'm taking a few days off from the gite now to get the first lot of potatoes and onions planted for this season and also to lay out some beds for the various other veg we are planning to grow. Anyhow, it's been nearly 5 minutes since I finished my last beer so it must be time for a beer. PS. NO CHILDREN WERE HARMED IN ANY EVENTS CONNECTED TO THIS WEEKEND

No comments: