Thursday 10 December 2009

2 whole years today

Two years ago today Jane and I, equipped with over laden Luton van, came over to France to sign the final papers on our French dream. Before the visit to the notaires, we joined the previos owner Bas and his partner for a very nice lunch and a glass of wine. It was a lovely way to be able to take ownership of a house. None of the impersonal english traits of dealing solely through a 3rd party. Lunch finished, we parted company briefly before meeting up at the notaires to do the official part of proceedings. And so the dream began. All I can say, looking back, is where did all the time go? We have no regrets and feel very much part of the local community here. Not only have we worked very hard, but we have also played very hard too. I'd just like to thank my loveley wife for putting up with me and taking all the stress off my shoulders. As a team, there is no doubt she is the owner, manager and captain, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love you loads Jane and hope that we can keep our dream alive forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I think this is a lovely "déclaration d'amour". Jane is so lucky to have such a loving husband and I would like to say that she definitely deserves it! She is a lovely lady full of qualities and kindness and I am really glad to be working with her! Take care and have a lovely Xmas Love, Vero (Jane you're going to hate this comment but I really mean it!!)xx

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 2 Years in France.

Will see you at the end of the month!

lilyplum said...

What a lovely thing to say. It made me go all Goosey and brought a tear to my eye.
Congratulations on your 2 years as home owners in France, a very BIG thank you for moving there as we really really really love it!
see you both soon
K & M
xxxxxxxx