Saturday 10 January 2009

Hedgelaying

For those of you who dont know I bought Andrew a very special Christmas present this year, a half day hedgelaying course! After several days of preparation by a very special bil, the stakes and withies were ready. Simon, hedgelayer extraordinaire, arrived early this morning with chainsaws, choppers and billhooks to commence the training!! After several hours of training and hard work we now have at least ten metres of professionally laid hedge!! Well done boys and thank you Simon. Rosie, Simons wife, arrived with Tom and Ben for a well earned lunch. It was lovely for the children to be able to play with some English counterparts for a change. I am sure we will all become good friends.
Now that Andrew has the knowledge, I think the hedges in La Ferriere will soon all be laid beautifully!! It may take a while though!!! I have added some photos of the works today, I will add some finished product pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool present, the work looks well under way and I look forward to seeing photos of the finished hedge.

What a beautiful sky.

xxxx

Anonymous said...

I agree with Julie I love the 2 photos of the sky