Friday 18 July 2008

What a Week!!

Well, what can I say, Grandma Irene has just had her nipple pierced. Not in the conventional way though, Zorro kindly helped!!! She now has the mark of Zorro!!! I should say that he was only playing and it is not terminal. I will probably be in huge trouble for telling everyone as well!!!
We had a lovely coffee morning yesterday at Terry and Sues. Sue introduced us to white port, I dont think we have been the same since. I am pleased to say that we have found it in the local supermarket so we will be able to sleep well tonight!!!! We also found some Creme de Mure so there is no hope of any more work for the rest of the week.
Yesterday afternoon we decided to remove the ivy on the first gite!! Irene was not very kind to me though, she found it highly amusing when after pulling rather hard on a large section, I flew backwards across the field, landing in a pile and narrowly missing Sasha!!! The worse thing was I only ended up with a three inch piece of ivy in my hand!!
We also saw our second snake on our walk to Terry and Sues. Kirsty only flattened it a little when she rode her bike over it!! Josh informed us that it was probably a grass snake and it was perfectly safe!! I am glad we have a Gerald Durrell in the family!!
For those of you who dont know we also had some very sad news this week. One of the female puppies, Sharna, who only left a week ago died last weekend. Although she had been vaccinated already the vet told them that she had parvo virus. I am still at a loss as to how or where she got it from. One of those things I am sure but very sad.
I have also been SPANCing while Andrew has been away. We have now completed all of the paperwork for the new septic tank, hooray!!!! Now all we have to do is wait for the go ahead!!
Kirsty has also been bird watching!! She was most upset though when the bird that she was watching pooed on her bed!!!!!
Love to all and speak soon. xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great week. I hope you have recovered from your flight across the field Jane, and removed the ivy you were attacking.
I love the pup's ears, still sooo cute. Sorry to hear about Sharna.

Kirsty i am sorry the bird pooed on your bed, hy was it in your bedroom?

What has Peter been up to, if Josh has been riding over snakes and Kirsty has been bird watching?

Take care all and have fun with all your visitors next week.

Julie
xxxxxx