Wednesday 23 July 2008

It was a bad day .......

For those of you who have not yet laughed at my bad luck here is the saga of yesterday .....
Whilst finishing a lovely breakfast of real eggs on toast we heard a lot of noise coming from the chicken pen. The two puppies were found under a hedge checking out a chicken that had been badly attacked. After removing them and finding a box to put it in temporarily I had to put the poor bird out of its misery. I will never look at the axe in the same way again. Needless to say I was a tad upset. Meanwhile I took a phonecall from M Le Baron to say that Sasha had visited him in the church, played with Reuky and then chased his chickens. He had not seen the chickens since and we did not know if they were alive or dead. After apologising profusely and telling him that I would get new ones if there was a problem I sped back home!!!!
As if that was not enough, after taking Irene back to the ferry port, I thought I would have five minutes peace and let the puppies have a run. They decided to head straight to the chicken pen where they had spotted that two chickens were out again. Zorro came back when I called him but Saphira decided to chase them and managed to kill another one. I think it died of fright rather than a wound though!!!!! It was twice the size of her!!!!
The good news is, we still had six eggs today so at least we still have some layers!!!!!
Andrew arrives back on Saturday with my babies!!!! I am so excited. We have also got Keith, Sue and Emma coming for the weekend so it is going to be busy, busy. I cant wait!!!
Loads of love and hugs xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can two pups that look so cute, do something like that. So sorry that you have lost some more chickens and i hope M. Le Baron didn't loose too many if any of his chickens. Glad to hear your still getting eggs though.

I hope you have a lovely weekend with Keith, Sue and Emma and that Adam, Harry and Holly and everyone have a great time.

Take care

Julie
xxx