Wednesday 21 May 2008

Not long now .....

True to French style when I went to get the new part for the lawn mower yesterday, guess what, they had ordered the wrong one!! I give up. I took the lovely young man, who was doing his best to practice his English, even though I was talking French, to show him exactly where the part went. Oh, he said, I have definitely ordered the wrong one!! No ****!!! He promised to try and order the right one before the end of the week, I made him feel guilty I think. Told him my husband was going to kill me, he wished me luck when I left!!
Meanwhile, the new shower tray has not arrived but Andrew has still managed to do the best job since we moved in. We now have non-orange running hot water in the bathroom when you turn the tap on!!!!! Thank god. Now I do not have to fight with the gas bottle and boiler every time I need to have a bath. I love my husband!!!
The puppies are still growing well and their eyes are all open now. They are starting to explore their new environment and are so loving. We have to steal cuddles when the children are not looking!!
The party is nearly upon us. Our first Royal visitors arrive on Friday evening and we are so excited. I have been shopping for days and still have more to buy. I am sure I will be ready for the weekend and that the French toilet will be ready in time.
Lots of love to all, xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAVE A BRILLIANT PARTY WISH WE WERE THERE! See you all very soon!! Lots of love and puppyhugs Ian and Sophs xxx

Anonymous said...

The puppies are still looking gorgeous and I am thinking if i had a dog, I wouldn't have live birds flying around my dining room and a mouse running around my bathroom courtesey of the cat!!

Good job on the water Andy and I hope the shower is sorted in time.

I hope your guests have arrived safe and sound and that you have a great weekend.

Also hope the lawnmower is fixed in time too.

Take care

Love Julie
xxx