Monday 4 June 2007

Time to hang up the glove and bat.

Having spent the last 10 years working my way up the softball ladder, Tuesday night was my last game for a while. What should have been a Mavericks, Marlins inter club play off turned into a fantastic game between a bunch of players who all wanted to play for the love of the game. Unfortunately the Marlins could not field their normal team but, rather than letting the game go by as a forfeit, they dragged in loads of my friends to have one of the best games TV has witnessed in a long time. On top of that, the cheffing skills of Vinny were put to the test as he fired up the grill and cooked dinner for one and all. I must say thank you to all the people who contributed to my softball red book. This is your life in softball. What an awesome present to take away with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know when you are off yet?