Sunday 27 May 2007

One less thing to stress about

Friday 25th May, a day to remember. After working for Pete and Maurice since 1995, a whole century ago, I finally threw in the towel and finished my career on Friday. I could not have asked for better employers over that time. I managed to do my second apprenticeship with them gaining skills in electrical installation. Pushing forward with them I moved into both Quality and Health and Safety. Finally, when it was time to leave, I'd made it all the way up the ladder to workshop manager. On the brighter side of things, the stress of being on call and heading up the workshop is now behind me. To make sure I stay in touch, they bought me the most excellent laptop as a leaving present. We're hoping to complete on the sale of the house on June 1st, which will then be one more bit of stress behind us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Andy & Jane (etc!)

Finally got onto the site, and have loved reading the trials to date - and will now check regularly to see how things go! Jane, sorry I wasn't at school on Friday to say goodbye. I'm not sure I'll manage to get round before 1 June either (just had weekend in Horsham @ wedding, then picnic in Leicester (!) then 3 days at Alton Towers and I think that goes past 1st June) so I hope the last day at work went well and wish you all all the best for your adventure! Keep in touch! Love Benta (Benta@Hickley.co.uk)