Tuesday 18 February 2014

Rolling on with the roulotte

Well in between the numerous downpours of hail, sleet, snow and the usual rain, I have made quite a substantial bit of progress on the roulotte. The gale force winds made it very difficult to keep it covered up so on Sunday I had a super hard push to get the roof watertight. Although not finished completely, there is now a watertight membrane fixed to the top which will allow the interior woodwork to properly dry out.

Been feeling very sorry for the greater family back in the UK who have been suffering with the recent floods. Numerous houses have been flooded and I don't envy the clean up task that awaits them in the coming months. Give me a shout if there's anything I can do to assist.

I have been occupying a lot of time recently helping friends on roofs,it seems a thankless task but it has given me the opportunity to accumulate lots of left over materials that are all being put to good use. I'm grateful for the rest bite now though as I'd forgotten how tiring it can be actually working properly.

The whole household are suffering, apart from Josh, with cold and flu like symptoms that just keep lingering on and on. Kirsty is suffering worst though as she has also picked up an ear infection to boot. Luna is growing incredibly fast. At 8 weeks she was 4kg, 12 weeks she was 9.1kg and I think she is over 10 now. We're down to just a few puddles in the house now which is great and I've just started training her on the lead.

3 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

The caravan is looking great . Plenty of local comments on the jubilee river echoing your dad 's claims over the last 10 years! Hope all feeling better soon x

Anonymous said...

Everyone else is in 2014 but you are still in 2013. Please catch up with us and you might get some better weather!

Anonymous said...

That's better; the weather is improving already!