Sunday 10 November 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

Although pleading poverty, as always, I've managed with the help of a few assistants to get a few more jobs done as winter closes in on us. Having had the approval of the management to knock the wall through into the banqueting hall, I thought I'd best jump on it before she changed her mind. With the most delicate of hammers and chisels I carefully took the 18 inches of stonework away from behind the bath room wall while leaving the tiling and block work intact.

We have also been busy, in between rain showers, felling more timber in an attempt to get through this year without having to buy in fire wood. Josh has been good using the cut wood to rebuild one of the straw walls of the round house. Depressingly the round house is not holding up to the Norman moistness and I feel there is an urgent requirement to finish turfing the roof at the earliest opportunity.

Tuesday will be Janes birthday and, having hit the big 40 last year, this year she will be on the down hill stretch so celebrating 39 I think. She's not a happy bunny as her training course at work coincides with her planned holiday which means she has to go to work instead of relaxing at home. Things are also not helped because I've volunteered my services for a long days work too putting me in the dog house as well.

No comments: