Wednesday 3 July 2013

Bridge building

Back at the beginning of the year I took great inspiration from an image of a dry stone bridge I found on the internet. With a little bit of persuasion from some friends I decided that it had to be worth a go and so, today, I started work. The plan is to build the bridge over the stream in the valley. For those who've been here, it's going where we normally drive the range rover through. It will be a 2.5m span and will sit on a pair of 1 cubic meter blocks of concrete.

Mission one was the construction of the arched former that will be used in the construction of the beast. I had a very bent conifer that I have adapted to build the frame, some steel that was left over from another project to tie the base together and the old floor out of my trailer to form the join the two arches.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

For walking over? Or driving over? I have no doubt you'll make it work!