Thursday 30 August 2012

The rain comes down and the turfs go up

There's no doubting my Britishness when I start complaining about the weather. As I started writing todays blog, the heavens had opened and the rain was falling hard, but here, less than two minutes later, the sun is once again blazing through the window. As always though, to every negative we find a positive which, on this occasion, is not having to water the roof.

I have found a major floor to my "turfing the roof" plan. My delightful home grown Normandy field grass contains numerous surprises, the results of which can be plainly see on my fore arms at present. Initially, the first few thistles hurt somewhat but after the numerous nettle stings, I could no longer feel the thistles and, after the untold number of red ant bites I could no longer feel the nettle stings. Better still is that now I can no longer feel my arms so I can carry on regardless.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a wonderful job! Do you need some germolene? Love Mum xxxx