Wednesday 21 March 2012

Spring hath sprung

Well it might be a few days early, but spring has officially arrived at chateau Larcombe. The sun has been shining all week, the daffodils have poked their heads up and the magnolia is starting to bud. Unfortunately alongside the great weather comes great works. I have managed to get the front lawn mown for the first time although it already looks like it needs doing again. If it's like this tomorrow, I'll attempt to do the back if the mower holds out.

I've also been busy working around and in the greenhouse preparing beds for this year. I took the broken plastic water barrel and converted it into two raised beds for outside which I've already planted out. I took the large wooden barrel that used to be in front of the house and cut that in half too making two large planters for inside the green house. So far I've filled them both with soil and compost and planted strawberries around the edge of one of them.

I've also moved the old manure heap from between the greenhouse and the stable and spread it over the vegetable plot. Next job is to rotivate it all in ready for the start of this years crop planting.

With the sunny weather comes the traditional water fights which the kids have spent the afternoon participating in alongside numerous arguments and slanging matches.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I didn't remember a green house, is that off o the right as you look at the front door?