Friday 18 February 2011

Lumping the base into place

Yesterday, during a brief spell of stupidity, I felt that progress had been slacking on the pizza oven. I decided I would have a go at getting the oven base up into place. I estimate that it weighs about 250kg and I have cast it 20m away from it's final destination. First up I flipped it over so I could remove the cast. Then, using various leavers and blocks of wood, I managed to push it onto the sack barrow. Like the truck pull in worlds strongest man, I pushed the beast over next to it's new home. Then I slowly edged it up a cople of planks before jacking up the back end and sliding it across. All in all a job well done. Now I can get on with the technical bit.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

All that physical work has left you with a strange silhouette! Lovely to see the sun was shining though!