Tuesday 18 January 2011

The start of the Pizza oven

As mentioned previously, one of my objectives for this year is to build a pizza oven in the garden. Well I've kicked the project off now, even though I haven't yet got a final design or all the materials to complete the job. I do however have a vision in my head which seems to be the basis for most things that I do. Yesterday I moved the barrell that was on the spot where the oven is going and today I have dug and concreted the foundations. I hope to get the walls built up to waist height and the insulated slab cast for the base, prior to the arrival of Steve and Laura on 21st February. All my research has shown that the majority of structures are built from concrete blocks but I feel these will not be in keeping with the house. I have opted for using local stone slavaged from Chateau Antoine and will top the oven off with a slate roof similar in style to the roof on a fairy tale tower.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds great and can't wait to have a pizza now.