Friday 29 October 2010

Another year older

I can only apologise for the long delay between blogs. Due to a miner glitch and potentially a dead laptop, we were off line for a little while. Fortunately we managed to revive the beast from the dark side and have now backed up 4 years of photos that we thought we may have lost. Anyhow, since my last post, not a lot has gone on here as I decended into post party depression. I've brewed up 40 pints of dark ale that will be ready to drink in a few weeks and I have also harvested and pressed all the grapes which has left us with 15 litres of juice fermenting away in the kitchen at the moment. My mum, Hollie and Adam have come over to celebrate my birthday with me and, as always, good fun has been had all round. The goats are due to leave us soon, just waiting for their new owner to finish the fencing and then there'll be 5 less mouths to feed this winter. We will still have the Billy but he will be officially retired as a baby producing maniac and will spend his days playing with the donkey and stinking out the valley. My olives have started to change colour but I think the weather may have chilled too much for them to ripen out properley this year. Hopefully next years crop will be more successful. We have a few more apples to harvest and the kiwi fruit and that will then be the end of our season for 2010 and work can then start prepping the ground for 2011.

1 comment:

lilyplum said...

Nice to see new pictures.