Wednesday 11 February 2009

Before I get into trouble .............

Well, our new recruit made his presence known on the very first evening!! First impressions of him were very good and he settled in well with his new lady friends. There were no fights and no naughties either for those of you needing to know!!! However ........ I received a phonecall at 6.45 on my mobile from Andrews mobile. This in itself was worrying as I was on the way to the port to collect Irene from the ferry and Andrew never uses his mobile. On answering I heard a very out of breath Andrew. He told me that he was sitting on top of a very angry pig in the middle of a dirt track. I am not sure what I was supposed to do at this point, being over an hour away but never mind .... Andrew said he thought he should let me know what was occurring. I was to call Kirsty and Peter in the house to make sure they were behaving, some hope there!!!! Josh meanwhile had been sent to find M Le Baron to help get the pig back to the house. Apparently, this wee little pig was too heavy to carry and although he had a rope around his neck was not willing to walk nicely all the way home!!!!! On arriving home an hour and a half later Andrew and M Le Baron had managed to persuade the pig to wee, wee, wee all the way home and Andrew had secured him in the stable. On talking to M Le Baron on Saturday morning he told me that Andrew had the rope all wrong ...... He should have put it behind the pigs front legs. Oh well, we are not all pig experts from the start!! Mr Pig is now settling in well to his new home in the stable. He will be there unfortunately until Andrew can make a secure area and a new pig house in the orchard. He is now answering to "here piggy piggy" and according to Irene snores like a trooper!!! Irene meanwhile this week, is doing an absolutely stirling job of keeping the farm going. She was even brave enough to feed the peacocks today and for those of you who know her well, this is no mean feat!!! The children, she assures me, are working very hard and are being very well behaved. I have been fed like a Queen when I return home from work, dinner has been great!!!! I will attempt to put some photos on when I have taken them at the end of the week. For now you will all have to be satisfied with anecdotes!!! Love to you all. xxxx

No comments: